The township cemetery is located on McKeown Rd. (near the McKeown Bridge Park and Thornapple Manor (aka Medical Facility)). All sales of burial sites are handled by the clerk, Anita S. Mennell, who can be contacted by phoning the hall on Tuesdays or her cell phone any other day.
Gravesites are available for purchase at the following rate:
*Residents - $100.00 (one per resident)
*Nonresidents - $500.00
(A resident is defined as being a legal resident of the township who also owns real estate in the township.)
CEMETERY LOT CERTIFICATES ARE (HAVE BEEN) ISSUED FOR ALL PURCHASES WHICH STATE THAT YOU ARE PURCHASING BURIAL RIGHTS ONLY - ALL RIGHTS TO THE LAND REMAIN WITH THE TOWNSHIP AND ARE SUBJECT TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS ISSUED BY THE TOWN SHIP (copy of cemetery lot certificate)
- Cemetery Ordinance (21-1)
- Plots Available for Purchase Section 5(Blank spaces equals available for purchase)
- Find A Grave
The Cemetery is cleaned up twice a year, all decorations of any kind (except urns) are removed and disposed of. Cleanup occurs in November and April. Watch for notices posted on our home page and in the Reminder. Rules also posted at the cemetery.
This cemetery belongs to the people of Hastings Charter Township; therefore please observe the following rules:
- NO GROUNDCOVERING OTHER THAN GRASS IS ALLOWED. No curbs, edging or ornamental fences can be erected. No shrubs, trees ornamental grasses or vines can be planted. No mulch or landscape stones can be used
- Flowers are to be placed in urns and urns should be in line with the headstones. Any tokens or keepsakes must be contained on the foundation. Please call the Sexton or Clerk for the policy concerning decorations.
- Foundations for headstones must be poured by the Sexton. Contact the Sexton before having a monument placed. Permanent concrete foundations are to be at least the size of the monument plus 2” on all 4 sides. Maximum size can be as large as 2’ by 4’ per grave.
- If an urn is unused for 2 years it may be removed at the Sexton’s discretion.
- The cemetery will be tidied after November 1 and again before April 1. Flowers, tokens, keepsakes and any ornamentation
- will be removed by the Sexton at those times (except urns), so if you wish to save anything please take it home before those dates.
- Trash should be placed in the barrels.
- No loitering. No parking on the grass. No alcoholic beverages.
- Cemetery hours are from dawn to dusk.
- The Sexton is authorized to prevent & deter any activity deemed to be detremental to the Cemetery grounds and property located in the Cemetery.